Muzaffarpur Shelter Home Rapes: Tejashwi Yadav Accuses Nitish Govt of Shielding Accused
Earlier, RJD members raised the issue in the Assembly and moved adjournment motion to discuss the Muzaffarpur incident.
File photo of Tejashwi Yadav addressing a crowd in Patna. (Image: PTI)
Patna: Leader of opposition Tejashwi Yadav on Tuesday launched scathing attack against the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar alleging that high and mighty are protecting the accused in Muzaffarpur sexual assault.
Attacking deputy chief minister Sushil Modi, Tejashwi accused him of giving patronage to Brajesh Thakur, the proprietor of NGO which was given the task of running the Children Home. Tejashvi accused Thakur of being the mastermind of shelter home rape case.
"Brajesh regularly visited Sushil Modi's house. This government is protecting the powerful accused. Our party and other constituents of the grand alliance demand High Court monitored investigation," The RJD leader said.
Referring to incidents of gang rape in Nalanda, Gaya and Jehanabad, he asked Nitish Kumar, "What happened to your claims that daughters in Bihar are safe and can roam safely even at night?"
Earlier, RJD members raised the issue in the Assembly and moved adjournment motion to discuss the Muzaffarpur incident. It was rejected on technical grounds after which opposition members entered the well of the House forcing the chairman to adjourn proceedings till 2pm.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- After #SareeTwitter, Indian Men Are 'Growing' the New Trend of #BeardTwitter
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment