Telangana Commuters to Shell Out More on State Buses as Hiked Rates Will Kick in from Midnight
The hike in bus fares will bring in an additional revenue of Rs 27 crore to the Corporation's Greater Hyderabad Zone.
Hyderabad: Commuters in Telangana brace for hiked bus fares as TSRTC's new rates are set to be applicable from Monday midnight. Residents will have to shell out more on City Ordinary, Metro Express and Metro Delux buses.
While in city buses the minimum fare will be Rs 10, it will be Rs 15 in express, Rs 25 in super luxury and Rs 35 in Garuda and AC sleeper buses. If the distance of journey is more than 40km or has more than 23 stages, the ticket charges would increase by Rs 10.
According to a report, the hike in bus fares will bring in an additional revenue of Rs 27 crore to the Corporation's Greater Hyderabad Zone. Prior to the hike, the monthly revenue in the zone was around Rs 96 crore and expenditure was Rs 145 crore.
The TSRTC management has also increased the tariff of monthly bus passes accordingly and student bus pass charges remain the same.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Many People Said 'Shaadi Ke Baad Kuch Nahi Hoga' But I Challenged the Perception: Kareena Kapoor
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles