Telangana Govt Sets up Special Court to Try Rape and Murder Case of Dalit Woman
On November 25, the body of the Dalit woman with her head smashed with a boulder and some knife injuries on the body was found at Kumram Bheem-Asifabaddistrict. Three men were arrested.
Hyderabad: The Telangana government on Wednesday issued orders for setting up a special court for speedy trial in the rape and murder of a Dalit woman in Kumram
Bheem-Asifabad district last month.
The government designated a local court in Adilabad district as the special court (fast track court) for expeditious trial and disposal of the case, a senior police official told PTI.
On November 25, the body of the Dalit woman with her head smashed with a boulder and some knife injuries on the body was found at Kumram Bheem-Asifabaddistrict and three men were arrested for allegedly raping and murdering her.
The woman's family along with different people's organisations had demanded that the three men be meted out a treatment similar to that awarded to the four accused in the veterinarian rape and murder case, who were gunned down in an alleged encounter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Sara Ali Khan Greets Salman Khan with Aadaab and Internet is Loving it
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing to Deplane Unruly Passenger
- Udit Narayan Opens up About Aditya Narayan-Neha Kakkar Wedding Rumours
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Blames Shehnaz Gill For Her Break Up
- Just a Video of Elephant Taking a Stroll in Sri Lankan Hotel and Inspecting Things With its Trunk