Telangana Law Officer Caught Taking Bribe Tears, Flushes Down Notes
The incident occurred in Hyderabad when officials of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) caught Assistant Public Prosecutor Shakeel Ansari taking a bribe.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Hyderabad: Caught taking a bribe, a law officer in Telangana tore the currency notes and flushed them down the toilet in an attempt to wipe out evidence.
The incident occurred in Hyderabad on Monday when officials of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) caught Assistant Public Prosecutor Shakeel Ansari taking a bribe.
Ansari works at the Junior First Class Magistrate's (JFCM) court in Shadnagar town here.
He had demanded Rs 8,000 from Prabhakar Reddy for not including his mother's name in a case. Reddy lodged a complaint with the anti-graft agency, which laid a trap to catch the officer red-handed.
On Monday, Ansari was collecting the bribe money from Reddy at his house in Hyderabad when the ACB team arrived there.
On noticing the sleuths, he tore the currency notes and flushed them down the toilet. The officials managed to retrieve the torn pieces and arrested him.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers