Telangana School Faces Action After it Hoists National Flag on Pole Carrying a Cross
The flag was raised on a pole, which had the cross, on independence day, sparking off a protest by Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal.
Image for representation only.
Sangareddy (Telangana): A private school has been booked for allegedly disrespecting the national flag in Medak district in Telangana by hoisting it on a pole carrying a cross, police said on Friday.
The flag was raised on a pole, which had the cross, on independence day, sparking off a protest by Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal, they said.
The activists of the saffron outfits said the school management had insulted the national flag and lodged a complaint, a police official said.
The school management could not be reached for comments. A case under prevention of insults to national honour Act has been registered against the school and investigation has begun.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough