Telangana Techie Found Hanging from Ceiling Fan After Company Shortlists Her Name for Termination
The 24-year-old woman was employed with a software firm for the last two years and went into depression after finding out that she was among the employees who were being considered for termination.
New Delhi: In what looks to be a case of suicide, a Telangana-based techie was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her hostel room.
The 24-year-old woman was employed with a software firm for the last two years and is said to have taken the extreme step after her name was shortlisted for termination by the company. According to an NDTV report, the victim had gone into depression after finding out that she was among the employees who were being considered for termination.
The report also quoted Circle Inspector of Raidurgam Police station as saying that the suicide note which was found at the spot had stated that the victim's organs should be donated. A case has been registered and the victim's body was shifted to a government facility for postmortem.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- 'Rick-a-licious': Pringles Teams Up with Adult Swim to Launch 'Pickle Rick' flavour of Chips
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders