Tension in Haryana Village After Ambedkar Statue Vandalised by Miscreants
Demanding immediate arrest of those responsible, agitated villagers raised slogans against the district administration. A case was registered against unidentified persons under relevant sections of the IPC.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/News18
Ambala: Tension prevailed in Haryana's Kalpi village, around 15 km from Ambala Cantonment, after some unidentified miscreants vandalised the statue of B R Ambedkar on Saturday, a police official said.
Demanding immediate arrest of those responsible, agitated villagers raised slogans against the district administration.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Barara, Girish Kumar and police officials assured the villagers that stern action would be taken against the miscreants.
A case was registered against unidentified persons under relevant sections of the IPC, the official said.
Meanwhile, police force has been deployed in the village as a precautionary measure, he said.
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos Launch LIVE: Updates, Unveil, Features and More
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Colin de Grandhomme is Our X-Factor: Williamson
- Copa America: Lionel Messi Penalty Helps Argentina Earn Draw with Paraguay
- Hrithik Roshan's Ex-wife Sussanne Khan Defends Him, Says 'Sunaina is an Unfortunate Situation'
- US Man Suspected of Feeding Meth to Keep Illegally Kept ‘Attack Squirrel’ Aggressive
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s