Thane Man Caught on Camera Throwing Kittens Into Fire, Arrested
Though the kittens managed to escape, the housing society approached the police through an NGO and a case was registered.
Thane: A 32-year-old man was arrested by Thane rural police for allegedly trying to burn three kittens alive at a housing society in Mira Road area where he lived. Siddhesh Patel, the accused, was booked under IPC section 429 (killing or maiming animals) and the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.
Members of the housing society had alleged that Patel tried to burn the kittens two days ago, but they managed to escape. The entire incident was caught on CCTV cameras.
The society members approached the police through an animal rights NGO and a case was registered, said senior inspector Kailash Barve of Naya Nagar police station. It was not yet clear why Patel committed the inhuman act, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 77-Year-Old Man Fighting off Robber on Street is the Most Badass Thing You'll Watch Today
- Rare Pic of Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt from Their Childhood will Make Your Day
- Larry Tesler, the Apple Computer Scientist Behind 'Cut, Copy, Paste' Passes Away
- Google May Move Data of UK Users Out of EU As Post Brexit Data Privacy Rules Remain Unclear
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is Now on Sale on Amazon: Variants, Prices, Offers And More