Umbrella Distribution Event in Thane Gets Ugly as BJP Corporator Punches Her Colleague, Leading to Clashes
A video of the incident purportedly shows the two women charging at each other following some provocation at the function for distribution of umbrellas to the needy.
File Photo: Pedestrians hold umbrellas while trying to make their way across a street in pouring rain (PTI)
Thane: Two women corporators of the BJP from the Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) in Thane district of Maharashtra came to blows at a function here on Sunday.
A video of the incident purportedly shows the two women charging at each other following some provocation at the function for distribution of umbrellas to the needy. The women have been identified as corporators Geeta Jain and Rupali Shinde, both from the BJP, sources said.
The event was organised by Jain, a former mayor of the MBMC. The video also shows supporters of both the corporators clashing at the venue. No police complaint has been lodged so far.
Recommended For You
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- Narine & Pollard Get West Indies Recall for First Two T20Is Against India
- Malinga to Retire From ODIs After First Match Against Bangladesh
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?