Umbrella Distribution Event in Thane Gets Ugly as BJP Corporator Punches Her Colleague, Leading to Clashes
A video of the incident purportedly shows the two women charging at each other following some provocation at the function for distribution of umbrellas to the needy.
File Photo: Pedestrians hold umbrellas while trying to make their way across a street in pouring rain (PTI)
Thane: Two women corporators of the BJP from the Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) in Thane district of Maharashtra came to blows at a function here on Sunday.
A video of the incident purportedly shows the two women charging at each other following some provocation at the function for distribution of umbrellas to the needy. The women have been identified as corporators Geeta Jain and Rupali Shinde, both from the BJP, sources said.
The event was organised by Jain, a former mayor of the MBMC. The video also shows supporters of both the corporators clashing at the venue. No police complaint has been lodged so far.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android