Thane Woman Strangles 8-year-old Son to Death in His Sleep over Dispute with Husband
The woman had some disagreements with her husband Vaibhav and was staying with her sister at Badlapur town in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said.
Thane: A 35-year-old housewife from Badlapur was arrested for allegedly strangling her eight-year-old son to death, the police said on Friday.
Sheetal Maner strangled her son Arnav while he was asleep in the early hours of Thursday, an official said.
Maner had had some disagreements with her husband Vaibhav and was staying with her sister at Badlapur town in Maharashtra's Thane district, he said.
Maner called her sister and told her that she had strangled the boy because she was under a lot of stress, he added.
The accused has been arrested under section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From iPhone 11 to Gucci Slides, 10-Year-Old's Christmas List Leaves Father in Shock
- WhatsApp Confirms a New Threat; Android And iOS Users at Risk From Malicious Video Files
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits
- Italian Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change