The Name and Shame Campaign: Time to End Open Defecation
A big roadblock to achieving the Clean India goal is open defecation, which continues to plague urban and rural India alike.
The Narendra Modi government’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan turned three on Monday, with the Prime Minister reiterating that India will achieve its cleanliness goal by 2022.
However, a big roadblock to achieving the Clean India goal is open defecation, which continues to plague urban and rural India alike.
Despite public awareness campaigns by leading politicians, filmstars and sportspersons, the menace continues.
To aid the Swachh Bharat mission, CNN-News18 has launched a campaign to name and shame those still defecating in the open.
Here’s how you can partner us in this campaign:
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- Copycat Art For Katrina Kaif's Make-up Line?
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works