Theresa May Gets Locked in Her Limousine as She Meets Germany's Merkel to Save Brexit Vote
Staff struggled with the door of a limousine bedecked in Britain's Union Flag for more than 10 seconds before eventually opening it and allowing May to leave.
File photo of Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May. (Reuters)
Berlin: British Prime Minister Theresa May, who is boxed in on her options for Brexit, had her room for manoeuvre further diminished when she was briefly locked in her car in front of German leader Angela Merkel on Tuesday.
Staff struggled with the door of a limousine bedecked in Britain's Union Flag for more than 10 seconds before eventually opening it and allowing May to leave and shake the hand of Merkel who was waiting for her on a red carpet in Berlin.
May visited the Netherlands and Germany before heading to Brussels on Tuesday, a day after she delayed a parliamentary vote on the Brexit deal that she agreed with EU leaders last month but which is opposed by many British lawmakers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now