This Republic Day, Uddhav Govt to Introduce 'Shivbhojan' Meal Scheme at Rs 10
Food and Civil Supply Minister Chhagan Bhujbal said the Maharashtra government would like to appoint women's self help groups (SHGs) to run the Shivbhojan scheme.
File photo of Maharashtra Chief Minister and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government, led by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, will launch its Rs 10 meal scheme, named 'Shivbhojan', in every district collectorate in the state from January 26, Food and Civil Supply Minister Chhagan Bhujbal said on Tuesday.
The launch will be at the hands of respective guardian ministers in each district, he added.
"The state government would like to appoint women's self help groups (SHGs) to run the Shivbhojan scheme. The government will prepare a special software to maintain records and help in coordination," he said.
Bhujbal said the coalition government of the Shiv Sena, Congress and Nationalist Party plans are afoot to open more than 50 such outlets in the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nakuul Mehta on How He Finds 'Never Kiss Your Best Friend' Relatable
- Street Dancer 3D: Shraddha Kapoor Gets This Special Gift from Varun Dhawan
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Review: Valiant Battle to Keep Android Relevant in The Workplace
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing
- Airtel Thanks Offering Users Two-Day Early Access to Big Bazaar 'Sabse Sasta' Sale