Thrashed by Teacher for Carrying Mobile Phone, Teenager Commits Suicide in MP's Khandwa
The teenager hanged himself from a ceiling fan at his home on Friday evening when other members of the family were away in the fields
Khandwa (MP): A 15-year-old boy committed suicide after being allegedly beaten up by his teacher in a school in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district, police said Saturday.
Aman Rathore was a Class-IX student of the privately-run MH Public School at Sulgaon village, around 230 km south of Bhopal, in Punasa area.
While a case of suicide has been registered, nobody has been named as an accused yet, police said.
The teenager hanged himself from a ceiling fan at his home on Friday evening when other members of the family were away in the fields, said Dhangaon police station in-charge Harish Rawat.
A suicide note, purportedly written by the student, blamed his teacher for his death. The boy's father, Vijay Rathore, shared the suicide note with the media on Saturday.
According to the deceased's father, the teacher had called him on Friday afternoon to complain about Aman Rathore and threatened to expel latter from school for indiscipline.
Vijay Rathore alleged that, after he left, the teacher thrashed his son with wooden rulers with so much force that two rulers broke.
District Superintendent of Police (SP) Ruchi Vardhan Mishra said the school authorities had admitted that Aman Rathore was beaten up.
The teacher, who is not traceable, had objected to the teenager carrying mobile phone to the school, the SP said.
Police are recording the statements, the officer added.
Recommended For You
- With Thor-Love and Thunder Announced, Here's How Jane Foster Becomes Worthy to Wield Mjolnir
- Dog Makes 200km Journey Through Siberia to Find Owners Who Rejected Her
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More