Three Arrested for Threatening Locals Through LeT, Hizbul Mujahideen Posters in South Kashmir's Awantipora
Initial investigation into the matter revealed that these individuals were involved in publishing and circulating threat posters in Ladhoo area of Khrew Awantipora, a police officer said.
Image for representation
Jammu: Three persons were arrested on Wednesday for "threatening and intimidating" locals in South Kashmir's Awantipora using posters issued by proscribed terror outfits Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba, officials said.
"Three persons were arrested and incriminating materials including threat posters were recovered from their possession," a senior police official said.
Initial investigation into the matter revealed that these individuals were involved in publishing and circulating threat posters in Ladhoo area of Khrew Awantipora, he said.
An FIR under relevant sections of the law has been registered against them, he said.
The three have been taken to the police station and incriminating materials recovered from them taken into records for the purpose of investigation, official said.
He said that further investigation in the matter is underway. Officials also appealed to the public to share information about such people who are intimidating locals.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- India's Young Shooters Shine With Gold and Silver Medal Shows on ISSF World Cup Finals Day 2
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900