Three Brothers Set Man Ablaze over Enmity in UP's Banda
Hasib was asleep when the brothers barged into his house, sprinkled kerosene over him and set him afire late Thursday night, police said.
Picture for representation.
Banda (UP): A 28-year-old man suffered serious burn injuries when three brothers allegedly set him ablaze over old enmity here, police said Friday.
Hasib was asleep when the brothers barged into his house, sprinkled kerosene over him and set him afire late Thursday night, they said.
The three accused have been identified as brothers Kallu, Raju and Rajjan Tripathi, Circle Officer (City) Alok Misra said.
After setting him afire, they locked Hasib's room from the outside and fled, he said.
However, Hasib was rescued by his neighbours after they heard his cries, Misra said.
He was rushed to a hospital from where he was referred to a hospital in Kanpur, the police officer said, adding the victim has suffered 70 per cent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be serious.
An FIR has been lodged against the brothers and efforts are on to nab them, Misra said.
Hasib's elder brother told police that the accused had an old rivalry with the victim, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma