Three CRPF Personnel Injured in Naxal Attack in Gadchiroli
Three CRPF personnel were injured in an attack allegedly carried out by Naxals on Wednesday in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra.
Representative Image.(File photo)
Gadchiroli (Maharashtra): At least 15 personnel of a joint team of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Maharashtra Police were on Wednesday injured in two separate attacks reportedly carried out by Naxals in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district.
There was no report of any casualty.
In the morning, one CRPF and two Maharashtra Police jawans were injured during an encounter between the Naxals and security forces and the injured policemen were evacuated to Raipur for treatment. The second attack took place when the mine-protected vehicle (MPV) the reinforcement team were travelling in too came under Naxal attack between Karampalli and Keyar villages in Gadchiroll. The Naxals triggered an IED blast targetted at the MPV of the C-60 commandos of the Maharashtra Police.
Meanwhile, jawans of the 37th battalion of the CRPF have been deployed there to monitor rescue operations.
This attack came days after twenty-five CRPF personnel were killed in a Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.
Awaiting more details...
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark