Three Fishermen Missing after Trawler Capsizes in Odisha's Mahanadi River
The incident took place close to the Nehru Bangala when the small trawler carrying five fishermen was returning to coast after fishing in the deep sea.
Image for representation.
Paradip (Odisha): At least three fishermen went missing after their fishing trawler capsized in the Mahanadi river mouth in Paradip coast here on Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place close to the Nehru Bangala when the small trawler carrying five fishermen was returning to coast after fishing in the deep sea, said Pradumnya Behera, inspector-in-charge of Paradip Marine police station.
Another trawler rescued two fishermen, but there was no whereabouts of the three others, Behera said, adding that police, fire brigade and coast guard have launched a search operation.
The rescued persons, hailing from nearby Bhadrak district, were rushed to the Atharbanki hospital for treatment, he said. In another incident in Puri, alert lifeguards saved the life of a 19-year-old man who was swept away by strong currents while taking bath in the sea.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Second Innings: Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh to Debut in Tamil Cinema
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day