Three from Madhya Pradesh Family Die After Well Caves In
The deceased — Rajaram, Santosh and Vinod — are residents of Saraswahi village which is facing acute shortage of water this summer.
Umaria: Three people of a family died after a well caved in at Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday.
The deceased — Rajaram, Santosh and Vinod — are residents of Saraswahi village which is facing acute shortage of water this summer. The trio had gone inside the well on Wednesday morning for cleaning it when the weak walls caved in entrapping all of them under the pile of mud.
District collector Maal Singh announced ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh each for the family and sanctioned assistance of Rs 5,000 each for the last rites of the deceased.
Facing a blistering summer, several parts of Madhya Pradesh, both rural and urban, are reeling under severe water crisis with authorities extending little support in the hour of crisis. Areas falling under Bundelkhand are worst affected as locals are forced to travel for several kilometres on their bullock carts in search of water daily.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Sooraj Pancholi Opens Up on Jail Term, Jiah Khan Suicide Case
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022