Three 'Gaushala' Employees Suspended Over Cow Slaughter Allegations in UP
The city magistrate had been asked to conduct an inquiry into the incident, an official said.
Photo for representation.
Shahjahanpur (UP): Three employees at a municipality-run cowshed were suspended after allegations that some parts of a cow carcass were found there, an official said Friday.
A senior official, however, said no cow was found missing from the "gaushala".
District Magistrate Amrit Tripathi said employees Rashid, Noor Ahmed and Raja Ram were placed under suspension following allegations of cow slaughter.
The city magistrate had been asked to conduct an inquiry into the incident, the DM said.
Orders have also been issued to initiate action against the in-charge of the cowshed as well as the local police station.
Nagar Ayukt' Vidya Shankar Singh, who heads the municipality, said all 220 cows were found in the "gaushala".
The DM has ordered an inquiry into the incident and the truth would be out soon, Singh said.
Meanwhile, a gau rakshak dal' staged a dharna, demanding strict action against the culprits.
Recommended For You
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s