Three 'Gaushala' Employees Suspended Over Cow Slaughter Allegations in UP
The city magistrate had been asked to conduct an inquiry into the incident, an official said.
Photo for representation.
Shahjahanpur (UP): Three employees at a municipality-run cowshed were suspended after allegations that some parts of a cow carcass were found there, an official said Friday.
A senior official, however, said no cow was found missing from the "gaushala".
District Magistrate Amrit Tripathi said employees Rashid, Noor Ahmed and Raja Ram were placed under suspension following allegations of cow slaughter.
The city magistrate had been asked to conduct an inquiry into the incident, the DM said.
Orders have also been issued to initiate action against the in-charge of the cowshed as well as the local police station.
Nagar Ayukt' Vidya Shankar Singh, who heads the municipality, said all 220 cows were found in the "gaushala".
The DM has ordered an inquiry into the incident and the truth would be out soon, Singh said.
Meanwhile, a gau rakshak dal' staged a dharna, demanding strict action against the culprits.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tim Cook is Concerned About Health of Apple's Community Amidst Coronavirus Spread
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2020: iPhone XS at Rs 54,999, Pixel 3a at Rs 27,999
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet