Three Govt Employees on Poll Duty Pass Away in Himachal Pradesh
Expressing grief over unfortunate deaths, state additional chief electoral officer said that an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh would be paid to each of the families of the deceased.
Shimla: Three government employees have died due to different ailments while performing their poll duties in Himachal Pradesh on Saturday, a state election official said.
The deceased include presiding officer Vaneet Kumar who was a PGT at government senior school at Sapri in tribal Kinnaur district, homeguard jawan Devi Singh who was resident of Chandera village in Arki Tehsil of Solan district and polling officer Lol Ram who was a junior technician and was resident of Sajla village in Manali tehsil of Kullu district.
Expressing grief over unfortunate deaths of the employees on election duty, state additional chief electoral officer Daleep Negi said payment of ex-gratia compensation to the tune of Rs 15 lakh would be made to each of the families of the deceased.
Polling for the four seats - Shimla (SC), Hamirpur, Kangar and Mandi - of Himachal Pradesh is being held on Sunday, the final and seventh phase of voting for general elections 2019
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Launches BS-VI-Compliant WagonR at Rs 5.10 Lakh
- Salman Khan Leads Congratulatory Wishes for Virat Kohli-led Team India in 'Bharat' Style
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- India vs Pakistan: Amir & Wahab Warned Twice For Running on Danger Area
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s