Three Kerala Women Among 4 Killed as Speeding Bus hits Autorickshaw in Kochi
The accident occurred at the Bank Junction when the autorickshaw carrying the women heading to Angamaly town was reportedly hit from behind.
Kochi: Four people including three women were killed when the autorickshaw in which they were travelling was hit by a speeding private bus in nearby Angamaly on Monday, police said.
The auto driver also died on the spot, police added. The accident occurred at the Bank Junction when the autorickshaw carrying the women heading to Angamaly town was reportedly hit from behind.
Police, Fire and Rescue Services personnel and local people had a tough time in carrying out the rescue operation as the mangled remains of the autorickshaw was lying almost beneath the bus.
The bodies could be taken out only after the bus was removed using a crane.
Bodies of the victims have been shifted to a government hospital in Angamaly, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- 'Shhhh': Did Kesrick Williams Mimic Kohli's 'Silent Celebration' After Dismissing Him in Second T20I?
- Rapper Juice WRLD Dies After Medical Emergency in Chicago
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting