Three Killed, 14 Injured in Road Accident on Delhi-Dehradun Highway in UP
The accident happened near Tigai village last evening when the occupants of the car were returning to Delhi from a wedding in the district.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creative)
Muzaffarnagar: Three people were killed and 14 injured in a collision between a car and a state-run bus on Delhi-Dehradun national highway in Muzaffarnagar district, a police official said Monday.
The accident happened near Tigai village last evening when the occupants of the car were returning to Delhi from a wedding in the district, Khatoli police station SHO Harsharan Sharma said. He identified those dead in the accident as Harpal Singh (30), Surjit (23) and Rakesh (28). The injured have been admitted to an area hospital.
Villagers angry over the accident blocked the highway and damaged the roadways bus, following which police rushed to the spot and pacified them. The driver of the bus, which was on its way to Rishikesh, escaped. A case has been registered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year