Three Killed After Boiler Explodes During Mid-day Meal Preparation in Bihar's Champaran
The incident took place when the boiler of the plant of an NGO at Bangra Nagar panchayat area exploded while workers were preparing mid-day meal to be supplied to schools.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Motihari: Three persons were killed and as many injured after the boiler of a plant exploded in Bihar's East Champaran district on Saturday, police said.
The incident took place when the boiler of the plant of an NGO at Bangra Nagar panchayat area exploded while workers were preparing mid-day meal to be supplied to schools, Sugauli Police Station SHO, Rohit Kumar, said.
Sugauli Circle Officer (CO), Gyan Prakash, said the NGO was engaged in supplying mid-day meal in government schools of the block, after preparing the food at its
centralised cooking plant.
The injured persons have been admitted to the local primary health centre, Prakash said, adding, one of them was later referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH).
The bodies of the deceased have been sent for post mortem at Motihari Sadar Hospital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- 'Wish Indians Were Baggage!': Twitter Hails 'Polite' Luggage That Wait for Others to Pass
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Solskjaer Wants Life Ban for 'Monkey Chant' Spectator at Manchester Derby, City Condemn 'Racist Gesture'
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report