Three Killed as House Collapses Following Heavy Rains in Punjab's Pathankot
A 40-year-old woman and her two children, aged 13 and 10, were killed while four other family members were injured and hospitalised after the roof of their house collapsed beacuse of heavy rain in Kalihari village in Sujanpur.
Chandigarh: A woman and her two minor children were killed while four other family members were injured when the roof of their house collapsed following heavy rains in a village in Punjab's Pathankot district, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the family was sleeping in their house, a police official said. The 40-year-old woman and her two children, aged 13 and 10, died in the incident while four other family members were injured, Sujanpur's SHO, Inspector Ashwani Kumar said over phone.
The incident took place in Kalihari village in Sujanpur, he said, adding the injured were hospitalised.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022