Three Killed in Firing Between Two Groups in UP's Shahjahanpur
The incident happened at the Aawas Vikas Colony when an altercation broke out between two groups around 8:30 pm.
Image for representation.
Lucknow: Three people were shot dead in a firing between two groups in Shahjahanpur district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday night, police said.
The incident happened at the Aawas Vikas Colony around 8:30 p.m., police said, adding the firing took place after an altercation between two groups near the Kallu Miyan's Dargah.
As the firing stopped, four people were seen bleeding profusely. Two brothers identified as Israr and Imran died on the spot while another youth, Musheer, died later, police added.
Another youth Rahul aka Sonu was critically injured. He is being treated at a local medical facility.
Musheer is relative of the district Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Tanveer Khan.
Superintendent of Police (SP) S Chenappa said additional police force has been deployed at the spot and a probe is under way to find the reason behind the killings.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works