Three Killed, Many Feared Trapped After Building Collapses in Mizoram
The building constructed under the Basic Services for Urban Poor (BSUP) under JNNURM collapsed at Durtlang, about five kms from Aizawl.
Aizawl: At least three persons were killed and nine others injured when a building collapsed in Mizoram's Durtlang area, police said.
The incident happened on late Tuesday evening when the building constructed under the Basic Services for Urban Poor (BSUP) under JNNURM collapsed at Durtlang, about five kms from Aizawl.
"Three people have died in the incident. With an unspecified number of people trapped under the debris, there is a possibility of rise in the death toll," police said.
The building was constructed by the National Project Construction Company (NPCC) with an estimate of over Rs 26 crore. Rescue works continued as further details were being awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni