Three MBA Students Drown While Swimming in Maharashtra Dam
A group of 10 MBA students from Bharatiya Vidyapeeth had gone for a picnic to Valne village near the dam. After a night out, some students stepped into the dam waters for a swim around 7 am.
Pune (Maharashtra): Three MBA students, including a girl, drowned while taking a swim at the Mulshi Dam here on Thursday morning, police said.
A group of 10 MBA students from Bharatiya Vidyapeeth had gone for a picnic to Valne village near the dam. After a night out, some students stepped into the dam waters for a swim around 7 am, an official of Pune Police Control told IANS.
However, they apparently failed to guage the depth of the water and at least three were reported missing. The others called for help, after which rescue teams rushed to the spot.
So far, the bodies of two - Sangeeta Negi and Shubham Raj Sinha - have been recovered, and efforts are on by divers to trace the body of their classmate Shiv Kumar.
All the victims are residents of Pune and aged 22. Their families have been informed of the tragedy, said the official.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station