Three Men Thrashed to Death Over Suspicion of Cattle Theft in Bihar
The bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem and investigation is underway.
Photo tweeted by ANI
Saran, Bihar: Three men were lynched by a mob Friday morning in the Saran district of Bihar over suspicion of cattle theft.
The incident took place in the wee hours at Paigambarpur village under Baniapur police station.
The deceased have been identified as Raju Nat, Bides Nat and Naushad Qureshi, Superintendent of Police Har Kishore Rai told news agency PTI.
He said two of the deceased were beaten to death at the village, while another succumbed to injuries when he was being taken to a hospital by family members.
All the deceased belonged to Paigambarpur village, Rai said, adding the bodies have been sent for post mortem and investigation is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- PV Sindhu Makes India Proud Again: PM Modi Praises the World Champion
- Netflix Teases Breaking Bad Film 'El Camino' Sans Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones