Three Naxals, CRPF Jawan Killed in Jharkhand Encounter
They said the encounter between the two sides took place around 6 am in the forests of Belbha Ghat area of the district when troops of the 7th battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force were undertaking operations.
Ranchi: Three Maoists and a CRPF jawan were killed in an encounter in Jharkhand's Giridih district on Monday, officials said.
They said the encounter between the two sides took place around 6 am in the forests of Belbha Ghat area of the district when troops of the 7th battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were undertaking operations.
The district is about 185 kms from state capital Ranchi.
Three bodies of Maoists along with an AK-47 Rifle, three bullet magazines and four pipe bombs have been recovered from the encounter site till now, the officials said.
A CRPF jawan was also killed in the encounter, they added.
The force is looking for more recoveries and a search is being conducted in the encounter area, they said.
Jharkhand will go to polls in the final four phases of the seven-phase Lok Sabha election.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India