Three members of a family died after they suffered an electric shock at their residence in Khargone, police said.
The mishap occurred when Naveen Chandra Kansare was taking a bath, following which he suffered an electric shock and got trapped inside the bathroom, Brajesh Malviya, Kotwali police station in-charge said.
Kansare's sons Jagdish (20) and Kuldeep (17) rushed inside the bathroom to save their father but they also suffered the shock and all of them died on the spot, he said.
Police suspect that a high tension wire might have fallen on the tin roof of the house thus passing the current to its walls. Malviya said the bodies are sent for post-mortem and a case is being registered in this regard.