Three of Family Killed, One Rescued After Car Plunges into Canal in Telangana
The family of four, including parents and two children, were returning to Hyderabad after visiting their native village.
A representative image
Hyderabad: Three members of a family drowned when the car in which they were travelling fell into a canal in Nalgonda district of Telangana on Thursday, even as a boy was rescued from the vehicle, police said.
The four occupants of the car were returning to Hyderabad after visiting their native village, a senior police official said.
The deceased was a B.Tech first-year girl student and her parents, aged 40 and 38, while her brother, an eighth standard student, was rescued by two passersby who noticed the vehicle floating in the canal and jumped into the water and rescued him after opening the car doors, the official said.
The car accidentally fell into the canal as there were no railings on the road, the official said adding the three bodies were retrieved and the car was removed from the canal.
On February 21, three persons, including a boy, drowned after the car in which they were travelling fell into a water tank in adjoining Yadadri Bhongir district.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- After Visible Himalayas from Jalandhar, Pictures of 'Cleaner' Yamuna are Going Viral
- Super Pink Moon Will Take Your Breath Away on April 8, But What is a Supermoon?
- Sumeet Vyas, Wife Ekta Kaul Announce Pregnancy with This Sweet Post
- How Omar Abdullah Made Article 370 'Trend Again' After His Tweet on Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Can be Stopped in 48 Hours Using a Simple Anti-Parasitic Drug: Monash University