Three Students Dead after School Wall Collapses in Rajasthan's Udaipur
The police said that the incident occurred early morning in Government Middle School, Thobwara. The school, which is situated on the foothills, was waterlogged due to excessive rainfall on Friday night.
Jaipur: Three students, including a five-year-old, were killed on Saturday when a wall of a government school collapsed on them after excessive rainfall in Rajasthan's Udaipur district, police said.
The incident occurred early morning in Government Middle School, Thobwara. The school, which is situated on the foothills, was waterlogged due to excessive rainfall on Friday night, the police said.
"A wall of the school collapsed all of a sudden in which three children got trapped and died on the spot," SHO of Kherwara police station Bhanwar Lal said.
The victims were identified as Manisha Meena (10), Avinash (8) and Ayush (5).
The bodies were handed over to their family members after post-mortem, the officer said.
He said the school principal has filed a complaint in the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India