Three Students from Punjab Killed in Road Accident in Canada
The accident took place on Oil Heritage Road in Ontario late on Friday night. The three students were said to be around 20 years of age and hailed from Jalandhar and Gurdaspur districts.
Jalandhar: Three students from Punjab, who were pursuing higher studies from a college in Canada, were killed when their car met with an accident in Ontario.
The accident took place on Oil Heritage Road in Ontario late on Friday night.
While the driver was seriously injured, the three students -- Tanvir Singh, Gurvinder and Harpreet Kaur -- were killed, family of one of the deceased told reporters here.
The three students were said to be around 20 years of age and hailed from Jalandhar and Gurdaspur districts.
Tanvir's father Bhupinder Singh told reporters that his son had gone to Canada for higher studies earlier this year.
Harpreet Kaur and Gurvinder had gone to Canada in April.
"#LambtonOPP are investigating a triple fatal crash on Oil Heritage Line that happened at approximately 1:30 this morning. Roads in the area remain closed for an undetermined time to facilitate the investigation," the Ontario Police's communication department tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display