Three Terrorists Killed During Encounter in Kashmir's Budgam District
Army officials said no security personnel were injured in the incident. A heavy cache of arms and weapons have been recovered.
Srinagar: Three terrorists were killed on Wednesday morning during an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district.
"Three terrorists were killed this morning in the encounter," a police official said. The terrorists have been identified as Javed Ahmad Sheikh of Narbal, Aaquib of Goripora (Hyderpora) and Dawood of Zainakoot HMT. All three belong to Hizbul Mujahideen.
The officials said no security personnel were injured in the incident. A heavy cache of arms and weapons have been recovered.
J&K: Three terrorists killed by security forces near Budgam, arms and ammunition recovered pic.twitter.com/XZx9itR2dA— ANI (@ANI_news) July 12, 2017
The gunfight broke out in Radpug village of Mahagam area around 7.30 pm on Tuesday when the militants opened fire at a joint security team undertaking cordon and search operations in wake of the attack on the Amarnath pilgrims on Monday, a police official said.
The security team comprised personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), army's counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles and Jammu and Kashmir Police's Special Operations Group.
A CRPF official said that troopers of 176 Battalion were involved in the operation along with 2nd RR and SoG when the shootout broke out. “Three terrorists are trapped,” he added.
This comes a day after the Amarnath Yatra attack, where seven people were killed and 19 were injured when terrorists attacked a bus carrying the pilgrims in Batingu, near Anantnag.
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos SUV Unveiled in India, Gets Connectivity Features and 10.25-inch Touchscreen
- Extreme Turbulence Sends Flight Attendant's Cart Flying, Hot Water Injures Many - Watch Video
- Ranveer Singh Gets Legal Notice from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- Priyanka Chopra Shows How to Slay in a Flame Shirt-dress this Summer
- Lionel Messi Defiant Even as Argentina Stand at Brink of Elimination from Copa America
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s