Three Youths Crushed to Death While Taking Selfie on Railway Track in Panipat
The youths had been roaming on the railway track and clicking photographs when the train approached.
New Delhi: Three youths were mowed down by a passenger train while they were clicking selfie on a railway track near Panipat Park on Monday.
They were identified as Chaman, Sunny and Kishan, all hailing from Uttar Pradesh's Aligarh. The three were relatives and were in the city to attend a relative's wedding. They were accompanied by another person, Dinesh, who had a close shave with death.
The four had been roaming and clicking photographs on the railway tracks for over half-an-hour, according to the eyewitnesses. They were posing for a selfie when a train approached. Dinesh jumped to safety after seeing the approaching train and alarmed others. By the time the three tried move away from the tracks, they were crushed to death.
The accident was so severe that the body parts were strewn across a 30 feet radius. Seeing his friends crushed, Dinesh fainted at the spot. The police said that the bodies were handed over to the families after postmortem on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return