Tihar Admin Issues Notice to Nirbhaya Case Convicts to File Mercy Petition in 7 Days
If they do not file the petition in the given time, Tihar jail administration will then approach the court concerned for further proceedings.
New Delhi: Tihar Jail administration on Wednesday issued a notice to the convicts of the Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case to file mercy petition within seven days, Director General (Prison) Sandeep Goel said.
Goel told PTI that the administration has asked the four convicts that they have seven days to file mercy petition.
If they do not file the petition in the given time, the jail administration will then approach the court concerned for further proceedings, a senior officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Kartik Aaryan Birthday Gift to Mother is a Swanky Mini Cooper Car Ahead of Love Aaj Kal Release
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart
- Sony a6400 Review: This is Simply Great, Whether You Need it For Photos or Videos