Tihar Jail Inmate Sentenced to 2.5 Years in Jail for Sodomising Co-prisoner
Metropolitan Magistrate Rakesh Kumar Singh sentenced the accused after convicting him under section 377 (unnatural sex) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and sentenced him to the period already spent by him in jail during the trial of the case.
New Delhi: A Tihar jail inmate has been sentenced to two and half years of prison term for sodomising a co-prisoner in 2017.
Metropolitan Magistrate Rakesh Kumar Singh sentenced Suhrab Mohammad after convicting him under section 377 (unnatural sex) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and sentenced him to the period already spent by him in jail during the trial of the case, which was about 2.5 years.
"I am of the view that prosecution has made out a case for the offence charged and therefore, accused Suhrab Mohammad is convicted for the offence punishable under section 377 of IPC (Indian Penal Code)," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, Mohammad had sodomised his co-inmate late at night in March 2017.
On the victim's complaint, an FIR was registered under section 377. The accused had denied the charge and claimed trial.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5