TMC Leader Shot Dead by Miscreants in Bengal's North 24 Parganas District
Nirmal Kundu was the president of Ward 6 of Dum Dum municipality.
New Delhi: A Trinamool Congress leader was shot dead by miscreants in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kundu, who was shot at by unidentified persons, was rushed to a private hospital with bullet injuries to the head.
Kundu was the president of Ward 6 of Dum Dum municipality.
"According to the primary investigation, four-five unidentified men on motorbikes shot Kundu twice. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead," said an officer from Nimta police station.
While the local TMC leadership blamed the BJP for the murder, the officer added: "We are probing the case. So far, we haven't found any evidence to clarify the motive behind the killing."
(With Inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Pakistan Team Adhered to Curfew Before India Clash: PCB
- Shahid Kapoor, Kiara Advani Are Separated by Distance Not by Emotion in Kabir Singh Song Tera Ban Jaunga
- Gautam Gambhir Pads Up By Taking Oath as Lok Sabha MP
- Game of Thrones Star Sophie Turner to Play Boy George in His Biopic?
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s