TMC Leader Shot Dead by Miscreants in Bengal's North 24 Parganas District
Nirmal Kundu was the president of Ward 6 of Dum Dum municipality.
New Delhi: A Trinamool Congress leader was shot dead by miscreants in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kundu, who was shot at by unidentified persons, was rushed to a private hospital with bullet injuries to the head.
Kundu was the president of Ward 6 of Dum Dum municipality.
"According to the primary investigation, four-five unidentified men on motorbikes shot Kundu twice. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead," said an officer from Nimta police station.
While the local TMC leadership blamed the BJP for the murder, the officer added: "We are probing the case. So far, we haven't found any evidence to clarify the motive behind the killing."
(With Inputs from IANS)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring