TMC MP Derek O'Brien Goes into Self-Quarantine After Sitting Beside BJP's Dushyant Singh in Parliament
Accusing the government of putting everyone at risk, O'Brien said while Prime Minister Modi has urged countrymen to self-isolate themselves, the Parliamentary is still in session.
File photo of TMC MP Derek O'Brien. (File photo/PTI)
New Delhi: TMC MP Derek O'Brien self-quarantined himself after BJP MP Dushyant Singh, who sat beside him in Parliament, revealed that he attended a party by singer Kanika Kapoor, who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Singh and his mother, former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje, have gone into self-quarantine after attending Kapoor's party in Lucknow, Raje tweeted on Friday.
Kapoor has become the first Bollywood celebrity to test positive for coronavirus in the country and says she's under complete quarantine and medical care.
There were reports that the singer landed in Lucknow from the United Kingdom and was admitted in a city hospital after she showed signs of flu.
"This Govt is putting us all at risk. The PM says self isolate yourself but the Parliament is on. I was sitting next to Dushyant the other day for 2.5 hours. There are two more MPs who are in self-isolation. The session should be deferred," the TMC MP had said earlier when the news of Singh broke.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Sidharth Shukla-Shehnaz Gill to Feature in More Music Videos Post Success of Bhula Dunga: Report
- WhatsApp’s Biggest Move Yet in The War Against Fake News: Message Forwards Limited to One
- Irfan Pathan Had a Savage Response to Trolls Abusing Him Over Cracker Tweet During #9Baje9minutes
- Facebook and Carnegie Mellon Have a New COVID-19 Survey Called Data For Good
- Here's a List of All Diesel Cars You Can't Buy Anymore in India Due to BS-VI Emission Norms