TMC MPs Nusrat Jahan and Mimi Chakraborty Take Oath of Office in LS
The two could not take their oaths earlier as Nusrat Jahan recently got married to businessman Nikhil Jain and Chakraborty also attended the ceremony in Turkey.
TMC's winning candidate from Basirhat (West Bengal), Nusrat Jahan took oath as a member of Lok Sabha today. (Image: Twitter/ @ANI)
New Delhi: Newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs Nusrat Jahan Ruhi and Mimi Chakraborty on Tuesday took oath as members of the Lok Sabha. The two actors-turned-politicians could not take their oaths earlier as Nusrat Jahan recently got married to businessman Nikhil Jain and Chakraborty also attended the ceremony in Turkey.
As soon as the House met for the day, the two took oath in Bangla, ending it with phrases such as Vande Mataram, Jai Hindi and Jai Bangla after which they went up to Speaker Om Birla to touch his feet.
It is customary for members to greet the Speaker on the podium. While Jahan is member from Basirhat, Chakraborty represents Jadhavpur in the lower house.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution