TN Engg Student Stabs Hostel Warden to Death for Complaint to Parents Over Bunking Classes
The student did not attend college and was absent from the hostel for four days without informing authorities, so the warden complained to his parents, he picked a fight with him and ended up stabbing him.
Image for representation only.
Tiruchirappalli: An engineering student allegedly stabbed to death his college hostel warden near here on Wednesday during a quarrel over the latter complaining to his parents about his absence for four days, police said.
G Venkataraman (45) suffered stab injuries in the abdomen and throat and died while being rushed to a hospital.
The student, A Abdul Rahim of neighbouring Perambalur district and studying in the college at Thuraiyur, about 50 km from here, has been arrested, police said.
According to police, Rahim did not attend the college and was absent from the hostel for four days recently without informing authorities.
After the warden complained about it to Rahim's parents, the student's father had reprimanded him severely. Upset and angry over it, Rahim picked up a quarrel with the warden in the college campus and at one point of time stabbed him with a knife, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- India's Young Shooters Shine With Gold and Silver Medal Shows on ISSF World Cup Finals Day 2
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai Taunts Shehnaz Gill for Borrowing Her Designer Clothes
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right