TN Will Continue to Have Full Control of Mullaperiyar Dam: Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Shekhawat
In the present bill, the state dam safety organisation of Kerala will have no jurisdiction over the Mullaiperiyar dam or other reservoirs of Tamil Nadu.
File photo of Mullaperiyar dam.
New Delhi: The Tamil Nadu government will continue to have full control on regular operations and maintenance of the Mullaperiyar dam and the dam safety bill will not alter existing arrangements, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said on Monday.
Talking to reporters here after meeting a delegation of AIADMK MPs, Shekhawat said the bill will not alter the existing arrangement of dam ownership, its operation and maintenance, and the water rights of Tamil Nadu.
In the present bill, the state dam safety organisation of Kerala will have no jurisdiction over the Mullaiperiyar dam or other reservoirs of Tamil Nadu, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: When I Met Rashami She Was On Road With No Money, Says Arhaan Khan
- Lisa Haydon Gives Another Fitness Inspiration with New Pictures of Her Baby Bump
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting