Toddler Goes Missing After Falling into Open Manhole in Mumbai, Rescue Operation Underway
In a CCTV video that was released the child is seen walking at the edge of a road before slipping and falling into an uncovered manhole. Operations were underway on Thursday morning to rescue the toddler.
Mumbai: In a shocking incident, a three-year-old toddler went missing after falling into an uncovered manhole in Mumbai on Wednesday night.
The incident took place around 10.20 pm in Goregaon's Ambedkar Nagar area. In the CCTV footage the child is seen roaming near what seems to be the edge of a road.
He walks around an electric box after which he slips and falls into the uncovered manhole. According to news reports, operations were underway on Thursday morning to rescue the child.
"We are investigating the matter.We will continue our search. We will see who is responsible for this," Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Commissioner Praveen Pardesh said,"
The incident comes just days after the city was left reeling from a heavy bout of rains. Many people died in several rain-related incidences.
In a similar incident in 2017, a doctor Deepak Amrapurkar also died after falling into the manhole. Heavy rains were also predicted in the city for Thursday as well.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: A 55-inch 4K TV From Samsung For Rs 59,999 is as Good a Deal as it Gets
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England Are an Incredibly Diverse Team: Moeen Ali
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29