Toddler in Delhi Dies After Vomiting Blood as Medical Store Owner Gives Wrong Medicine for Fever
According to police, the girl was suffering from fever and cough when her mother took her to a medical store on Wednesday.
New Delhi: A two-year-old girl died after she was allegedly given a wrong medicine by a medical store in Shahdara's GTB Enclave area, police said on Friday.
The girl was declared dead on Thursday after her mother rushed her to a nearby hospital, they said. According to police, the girl was suffering from fever and cough when her mother took her to a medical store on Wednesday.
When she did not get relief, her mother again took her to the medical store, where its owner gave her an injection, a senior police officer said.
The victim came to her house and started vomiting blood, he said. She was taken to GTB hospital where she was declared brought dead, the officer said, adding a case was registered. Further investigation is underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Says He's Missing Jeff Bezos' ‘Uninhibited Laughter'
- Street Dancer 3D: Shraddha Kapoor Gets This Special Gift from Varun Dhawan
- Republic Day Offer: Four Asus Phones Get Discounts Upto Rs 4,000 in Flipkart Sale
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story
- Airtel Thanks Offering Users Two-Day Early Access to Big Bazaar 'Sabse Sasta' Sale