Toddler in Delhi Dies After Vomiting Blood as Medical Store Owner Gives Wrong Medicine for Fever
According to police, the girl was suffering from fever and cough when her mother took her to a medical store on Wednesday.
New Delhi: A two-year-old girl died after she was allegedly given a wrong medicine by a medical store in Shahdara's GTB Enclave area, police said on Friday.
The girl was declared dead on Thursday after her mother rushed her to a nearby hospital, they said. According to police, the girl was suffering from fever and cough when her mother took her to a medical store on Wednesday.
When she did not get relief, her mother again took her to the medical store, where its owner gave her an injection, a senior police officer said.
The victim came to her house and started vomiting blood, he said. She was taken to GTB hospital where she was declared brought dead, the officer said, adding a case was registered. Further investigation is underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Erling Haaland Bags 20-minute Hat-trick on Borussia Dortmund Debut in Sensational Comeback Win
- Rupinder Pal Singh Gets Brace as India Crush Netherlands in FIH Pro League Debut
- 'Standing is Hard': Jared Kushner's Time Magazine Cover Inspires Meme Fest on Twitter
- Horsing Around: Touristy Stallion Rides Bus Back Home after Being Found Wandering on UK Highway
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019