Toddler 'Krishna' Tied to Giant Leaf Under Blazing Sun in Kerala, Case filed
The boy’s over two-hour ordeal during Janmashtami celebrations came to light after a man posted the photograph of the child, dressed as Lord Krishna, on his Facebook page.
Picture for representation only
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has registered a case following reports that a three-year-old boy was tied to a leaf-shaped prop for over two hours under the scorching sun during Janmashtami celebrations recently.
The incident reportedly occurred at Payyannur in Kannur district, prompting the state child rights body to file a case and seek a report from police.
The over two-hour ordeal of the child came to light after a man posted the photograph of the child, dressed as Lord Krishna, on his Facebook page, following which the Kerala State Commission for Protection of Child Rights registered the case.
The child was tied to a leaf prop atop a vehicle during the procession.
The Commission has sought reports from the home secretary, state police chief and Kannur district collector within 15 days.
Payyannur police said they have not received any complaint so far with regard to the incident.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss Telugu Season 3: Complete List of Participants in Nagarjuna's Show
- Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan's 'Three Little' Children Look Adorable in New Pic from Maldives Vacation
- Jio Effect: Vodafone Introduces Rs 205 and Rs 225 Prepaid Recharge Plans - Here Are The Details
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- India A Complete 4-1 Series Win Against West Indies A