Told Soldiers to Kill the Enemy Instead of Getting Killed, Says Manohar Parrikar
Parrikar said he had instructed soldiers in the armed forces to kill the enemy, instead of getting killed.
Manohar Parrikar was flown to Delhi on Saturday for a follow-up treatment at AIIMS.
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday claimed that when he was the Defence Minister, he always tried to ensure minimum life was lost.
While speaking at a prize distribution ceremony of a 10 km and 3 km marathon of the second edition of the JK Cement Swachh ability run here, Parrikar said he had instructed soldiers in the armed forces to kill the enemy, instead of getting killed.
"We cannot forget their contribution in protecting our borders.
"Sacrificing everything for the country is a must but that does not mean when you go for fighting, you should get killed. Kill your enemies. That was the target," he said.
The Chief Minister also said sometimes, differently-abled people can contribute more to the society than a normal person.
"I also came here because I consider 'divyangs' a very important component for society. They can sometimes contribute more than a normal person. And I have seen these abilities. While they have a disadvantage in certain faculties, I have seen their abilities in some other faculties," he added.
Recommended For You
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- In Avengers Endgame, Here's Why Iron Man Died While Using His Own Stark Gauntlet
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- Weekly Tech Recap: E3 2019, Mi Band 4, Google Pixel 4, London Tech Week and More
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s