Toy Seller Arrested for Illegal Hawking within Railway Premises
The toy seller was sent to judicial custody for 10 days after confessing to the magistrate that he was a repeat offender.
Representative Image (Courtesy: Getty Images)
New Delhi: A hawker who sold toys on trains was on Friday arrested by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) in Surat on charges of unauthorised hawking within railway premises.
Awadhesh Dubey and eight others were produced before a magistrate on May 31. Dubey in court confessed that he has been produced before magistrates on 12 occasions and has engaged in unauthorised hawking for a long time. Dubey was earlier booked on seven separate occasions as well.
He was sent to judicial custody for 10 days.
The RPF filed an FIR against Dubey under Sections 44 (prohibition on hawking and begging), 145B (spreading nuisance or using abusive language in railway carriage), 147 (unlawful entry into trains), among others.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro