Trader Shot at in Bengaluru, No Arrest
The president of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) was shot at by unknown assailants near Kogilu Junction at Yelahanka area in Bengaluru on Friday.
Bengaluru: The president of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) was shot at by unknown assailants near Kogilu Junction at Yelahanka area in Bengaluru on Friday.
The victim has been identified as Kadumale Srinivas. He has been chairman of the APMC committee for about six months and is a resident of Dasanapura.
The incident took place in the morning when two motorcycle-borne assailants - wearing black t-shirts – intercepted Kadumale’s car and fired six rounds aiming at him.
“His car was at the traffic signal when the assailants open fired at him. He was travelling with two others. His driver was also injured in the shootout,” police said.
Srinivas and his driver were rushed to the hospital and the motive behind the incident is yet to known.
The Karnataka government has created APMCs to enable farmers to sell their produce at reasonable prices.
Recommended For You
- Bharat: Did Katrina Kaif Just Share Her First Look from Salman Khan Starrer? See It Here
- Nokia 6.1 Plus With Display Notch, Dual Cameras Launched in India For Rs 15,999
- A Lawsuit Against Google For Sneaky Location Tracking Impacts All of us
- How the Western Media Dissected the News of Desi Girl Priyanka and Disney Boy Nick's Engagement
- Asian Games: Four Japanese Athletes Booted From Asian Games in Prostitute Scandal