Trader Shot at in Bengaluru, No Arrest
The president of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) was shot at by unknown assailants near Kogilu Junction at Yelahanka area in Bengaluru on Friday.
Bengaluru: The president of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) was shot at by unknown assailants near Kogilu Junction at Yelahanka area in Bengaluru on Friday.
The victim has been identified as Kadumale Srinivas. He has been chairman of the APMC committee for about six months and is a resident of Dasanapura.
The incident took place in the morning when two motorcycle-borne assailants - wearing black t-shirts – intercepted Kadumale’s car and fired six rounds aiming at him.
“His car was at the traffic signal when the assailants open fired at him. He was travelling with two others. His driver was also injured in the shootout,” police said.
Srinivas and his driver were rushed to the hospital and the motive behind the incident is yet to known.
The Karnataka government has created APMCs to enable farmers to sell their produce at reasonable prices.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan's Special Birthday Posts for AbRam Will Melt Your Heart!
- Did Star Wars Universe Actually Need Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- IPL 2018: Williamson Becomes Third Highest-scorer in Single Season, Takes Orange Cap
- Al Jazeera Sting: Cricket Australia Asks for Proof as Ranchi Test Comes Under Fixing Cloud
- Bioscopewala Review: Danny Denzongpa Starrer Should be Widely Seen and Discussed