Traffic Congestion Likely at India Gate as Thousands Take Part in 'Run for Unity' Today
Around 15,000 participants took part in the event and the programme is likely to cause traffic congestion at the C-Hexagon, India Gate, and nearby areas, said Delhi Traffic Police.
New Delhi: Traffic will be affected near the India Gate on Thursday as the 'Run for Unity' was flagged off from the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, officials said.
According to Delhi Traffic Police, around 15,000 participants took part in the event and the programme is likely to cause traffic congestion at the C-Hexagon, India Gate, and nearby areas.
The run started from the main gate of the stadium and end at Amar Jawan Jyoti via C Hexagon Rajpath Crossing, the officials said.
The stretch might be closed from 6.30 am to 8.30 am on Thursday, they said.
The Delhi Traffic Police have urged people who commute in their vehicles to avoid the C-Hexagon and choose alternate routes.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck Petition for Release of Snyder Cut Version of Justice League
- Australia's Emily Smith Suspended for Posting Team News on Instagram
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism